Buy a Piece of History! ''Boxwood Court'', located on 2.6 acres in Old Town Pinehurst, was built in 1905 as one of the major residences of the new winter resort known as Pinehurst, North Carolina. New York Publisher Tyler L Redfield was the original owner of this large-one-and-one-half-story bungalow, the first house to be built on the west side of Beulah Hill Rd. The stuccoed house has a broad, gable roof, a shed dormer, and an engaged porch with heavy Tuscan columns across the front. In 1929 Eldrige Johnson, head of Victor talking machine (RCA Victor) purchased Boxwood Court. There have been a handful of owners since that time, but no one has put more time, talent and treasure in restoring this beautiful structure as the current owners. List of features in documents. Studio apt w/bath.